Friday, December 14, 2012

Further Practical Considerations Regarding Holiday Gift Delivery

As a follow up to Mom's recent post, I'll add that Grafton really is giving a lot of thought to the practicality of Santa Claus and his gift delivery duties.

A few days ago, he asked me if Santa Claus came to my house when I was a boy. I said he did, and Grafton followed up with, "Did you have a chimney in your house when you were a boy?". I had to say no, and of course he was curious how Santa could have delivered the gifts. I explained Santa had many tricks for getting his gifts inside houses, including knowing how to open doors!

This morning, Grafton and I were sitting by the fireplace, and he was asking about how Santa can climb up and down a chimney, asking about ladders and such. I explained that he must keep his hands and feet pushed against the inner sides of the chimney as he descends and ascends. Grafton was concerned that he would wear out his boots shuffling along the bricks. I quickly explained that Santa replaces his boot every year.

I think Grafton is on the cusp of an epiphany about the realities of the man from the North Pole...

2 comments:

  1. Grafton is really smart and has reasoning abilities well beyond his age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't fool a smart, thoughtful kid for long. He may be the first in his class to catch on--oh, those poor classmates of his.
    Nana

    ReplyDelete