Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday Notes

On our evening walk, we found some volleyballs sitting in a field and started playing with them. Grafton's getting pretty good at catching, if a (large) ball is thrown at his chest. He's got a pretty mean throw too, winding up his whole body and chucking the ball with a 2-hand sidearm pitching style. In the middle of our game of catch, he told us wanted to pee outside. We were very excited that he finally recognized his need to pee and telling us that he wanted to go. He also remembered something Daddy did on our hike together the previous day, at which time I told him how he too could pee in the woods, if he wanted. And he remembered. We scurried him over to a tree, but by then the urge was gone.

Grafton likes Jazz. When he hears it on the radio he tells us, "This is Jazz. I like Jazz." Tonight, he was fiddling with the iPod in his room and told me, "I want to listen to Jazz."

Johnny Cash is by far Grafton's favorite musical performer of late. It's all he asks for now, "I want to listen to Johnny Cash." Even though the Man in Black doesn't do Jazz. It only takes a few bars of music before Grafton is demanding we get out his guitar for him to play along.

No comments:

Post a Comment