Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Broken PSU

On Sunday morning, Grafton and I were browsing through the huge number of pictures that were taken at the Mason-Wehby Send Off party. With Grafton in my lap, we were quickly flipping through the images, when all of a sudden the screen goes blank and the computer's fans and hard drive spin down, leaving nothing but silence in the room.  I told Grafton that I thought the computer had broken, and he definitely understood, because he kept pointing at the screen, repeating "broken" and even "fix it" and "turn on".  After trying the obvious fixes, I explained it wasn't going to come back on (the power supply unit had apparently died).  He was sad (and so was Dad), but we both took it in stride, and instead got ready to go to Otis...

1 comment:

  1. One thing I forget to include here was that during this (short-lived) picture viewing, Grafton and I were looking at the family group photo that I had taken of everyone at the park. He was able to join the memory of having our picture taken with the image itself, because when he saw it he repeated the phrase everyone was asked to say: "Cheese!" Considering that being in a picture doesn't create a memory of the image itself, I found his ability to make this connection pleasantly surprising.

    ReplyDelete