Nana and PopPop invited me to partake in the 200th birthday of Otis, a three-day celebration, starting on Friday. My parents agreed to take me. We drove over after daycare, but since there was no food at the Friday event, we skipped it and went out for pizza in Great Barrington. I ate a whole slice. I met a couple next to us that drove to the pizza shop on their Harley Davidson. I impressed them when I told them "motorcycle". I think they liked me! They left before us and showed off just how loud their motorcycle was when they drove off. At Nana and PopPop's I got to stay up very late, waiting for them to come back home, but I finally got to see them before going to bed.
The next day, I ran all over the house and then overslept during my afternoon nap. So we missed all but the tail end of the big parade. Even though Daddy jogged me down in the backpack carrier as fast as he could. But I still was able to enjoy the rest of the events, which included a petting zoo, a tractor ride, live music, and plenty of running around. There was a riding mower sitting in a field with the key in the ignition, so I decided to give it a ride. I never figured out how to get it started, but I was able to climb up and down off the seat. Later on, I got to sing on stage with Nana and her group of Red Hat singers. I also tried the jungle gym, and started to figure out how to climb up the bars (avoiding disaster thanks to my parent's quick reflexes). I also enjoyed running through a puddle when my Daddy wasn't looking and getting my shoes and pants muddy and wet. I was too busy having fun to eat anything. I think I got to meet just about everyone in Otis, since Nana introduced me to all the people she knew at the celebration. On the walk home, I saw a truck which I remembered seeing at the mall earlier this week, and so I shouted "Jeep!" to let me parents know.
Back at the house, I exercised a lot, running around all over the house (and making it known by yelling "Running! Running! Running!"). I figured out that I can get others to stop and go by calling out "Stop!" and "Go!". Nana taught me how to do stretching and back exercises while laying on my back. Everyone seems to get tired of exercising so quickly, but not me!
Mommy and Daddy decided we'd stay another night, so who knows when I'll be back home! I like going away for the weekend.
Here of some pix of the Otis 200th birthday celebration.
No comments:
Post a Comment